- Water-tight security in Kano •7 churches, 8 shops razed - Police
- Terror suspect nabbed with N3m •As army uncovers bomb factory
- 2012, deadliest year for journalists - UN
- Court adjourns on missing N12.4bn oil windfall
- Why we cleared Molete under-bridge - Oyo govt
- Court jails courier over $286,400 cash
- Court rejects fridge repairer’s plea to keep Ibori’s bribe money
- Oyo to involve artisans in N.5bn schools rehabilitation contracts
- All set for LG poll today in Benue
- Mrs Braithwaite buried amid encomiums
- Forget presidency, Jonathan’s aide tells ex-military rulers
- FG sends delegation to Onaiyekan’s consecration, Suntai
I am a 23-year-old female undergraduate. My problem is that my private part is always very itchy with whitish discharge coming out. My friends say it is an infection I got from the toilet and have suggested different kinds of drugs which I have used without any improvement.
Your urgent advice will be appreciated.
Your complaints strongly point to a vaginal infection which is not uncom-mon among ladies. The common allusion to a communal toilet as its source is however very doubtful. Nevertheless, one of the preventive measures is the improvement in one’s personal hygiene. And since the infection can be contracted from sex, it is also advisable that all your recent sexual contacts (if any) are adequately treated at the same time.
Since you have tried several medications to no avail, my suggestion is that you should go for a laboratory test called High Vaginal Swab (HVS). From this test, the exact organism causing the infection as well as the appropriate drug for the infection will be identified.Share