- ‘ Cases of rape rise to 84% in Nigeria’
- Dana air crash update: 23 aircrash victims’ families yet to receive compensation
- Mimiko inaugurates new Mother & Child hospital today
- N4.56b pension scam: Female accused hospitalised,trial stalled
- Construction workers hail FG’s decision on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- Senate adjourns plenary for 1 week, dissolves to Appropriation committee.
- Blackout looms as Egbin power plant breaks down
- FMBN, NEXIM, BOA, IB lose N47bn in 6 months - CBN
- FirstBank wins Nigerian Bank of the Year award
- PDP tackles ACN over Tukur’s comments
- Electricity workers threaten strike over Wamakko
- ‘NDIC prosecuted 55 directors, staff of micro finance banks in 2011’
- Judgment in Oni’s appeal stalled, re-fixed for Jan 8
- Slain banker: Deceased had only 3 wounds -Accused’s father
- Appointments: S/West not marginalised —FCC
GLOBACOM has reiterated its commitment to re-position the Ojude Oba festival celebration in order for the annual cultural fiesta to attract investments in tourism in Ijebu land.
Speaking at the pre-event press conference, at the Awujale’s Palace in Ijebu Ode, Ogun State, recently, head of marketing, Globacom, Mr Adeniyi Olukoya, said that Globacom was committed to the continued success of the festival and reassured that it would introduce some exceptional milestones that would stimulate local and international investment in tourism in Ijebu land in particular, and Ogun State in general.
He said that the company remained the major sponsor of the annual socio-religious event which holds during the Eid el Kabir period and noted that it had remained the benchmark in the nation’s annual tourism calendar. This year’s edition of the festival will hold on Sunday, 28th October, 2012, at the Awujale Palace, Ijebu Ode, Ogun State.
According to him, Globacom recognised the “Ojude Oba festival as a social melting-pot where all divergent issues affecting the growth and lives of the people in the community are discussed; where the ijebus, both home and abroad, congregate as brothers and sisters and share similar ideas of bringing developments to their community.”
He said that Ojude Oba had been significantly proved to be a period of “homecoming for Ijebu compatriots to celebrate their rich, historic culture and tradition.”
The secretary of the Ojude Oba 2012 Planning Committee, Alhaji kayode Alatise, in his welcome remarks, expressed appreciation to Globacom for having partnered with the planning committee for seven consecutive years, noting that the company’s participation had raised the bar of the festival to a world-class convergence of people and ideas.
This year’s Ojude Oba is expected to witness a turnout of prominent Nigerians including the Senate President, Senator David Mark who is the Special Guest of Honour and Governor Ibikunle Amosun of Ogun State.Share